Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

Wow it has been a long time since I wrote anything, December was a crazy month! Christmas is now over and I feel like I can breathe again and get back to life, or so I thought.

Last school year I worked at the school my girls attend as a teacher assistant but decided not to go back when school started in August. Well a couple months ago I realized I missed being in a classroom and being around kids, so I asked if they had any openings. They told me to wait until they get the school budget settled and then they would call me. Well the call finally came and I started back to work today as a teacher assistant in the second grade! I love second graders, they are so cute and they love going to school. They have so much energy and they made me smile all day! It was so much fun. The teacher I work with is awesome! I can't wait to finish my degree and be a teacher also!

Speaking of getting my degree, I did not have to worry about school work for the last two weeks because of Christmas break. Well school starts up again today, bummer, which means homework. My classes are online so I can do my assignments anytime of the day, which makes me able to go work also. But assignments are due regularly and I have to post for attendance a lot! So it keeps me busy!

I also got called to teach the 3 year olds in my church. Talk about adorable! One little girl was so sad when her mom left, I sat and held her until she stopped crying and then she wanted me to hold her until the end of church. They are the cutest things! Since my little girl is nine I don't get to have little ones on my lap anymore, so it was fun. The best part about it is that they get to go home with their mom.

Over the month we also had several babies come to our family. Ben's cousin had a baby boy, and Ben's brother had a baby boy. Then we have the cute twins I mentioned earlier from another one of Ben's brothers. The Christmas party was so fun because if you wanted to hold a baby there were four to choose from! Then to top it all my best friend had a baby boy also. WOW tons of babies this winter thank goodness I don't have to take them home and stay up all night with them! That is the best part of being an aunt!

3 comments:

Superwoman said...

What a fun post! I'm so glad you are enjoying work and your new calling. I sometimes wish I could pass off the kid in the middle of the night and get some sleep!

Margo said...

Cute picture of your fam (except Ben, of course) JK Ben! Cute post and blog.

BigSister said...

Glad the New Year is treating you well. I love holding the babies as well. They are all so darling. Love the family picture.